I tried a different approach this week: pain. Instead of doing normal sleep checks every hour, I have been digging my nails into my palms. I attempted this approach because it seems like a more definite action. Pain, at least physical, does not exist in dreams, and the sharp, biting sensation is a nice reminder that I'm currently not asleep.
Every once in a few weeks, become aware that I'm dreaming. Unfortunately, I feel like that I have hyped it up so much and anticipate is so much that I can's actually do anything with the knowledge that I'm dreaming. I get jolted awake what seems like merely seconds later. This is really annoying me as it prevents me from truly experiencing and benefiting from lucid dreaming. The meditation exercises I have been unsuccessfully trying to lengthen should help calm me down in this regard. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment