Friday, October 17, 2014
week 8
trying to achieve the goal I set last week has had mixed results. Generally, i can easily keep up my schedule at school, with each class being roughly an hour long. But, the moment I get home, I completely forget. Time just seems to fly past in my house. Before I know it it's midnight and I still have an essay to write. I've been doing some interesting research about a specific kind of brain waves: gamma waves. Not to be confused with the destructive gamma rays that originate from nuclear weapons and lightning, gamma waves happen at around 40 Hz in the human brain. Humans naturally create gamma waves, but some have more than others. Gamma waves have been linked to stress, intelligence, memory, and REM sleep, the aspect I am most interested in. The most common way to increase Gamma production is meditation. Therefore, my goal for next week is to meditate every day for 5- 30 minutes along with continuing last week's goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment