Friday, October 31, 2014
week 10- Halloween
I was not able to make much progress this week. With a sore throat coupled with a research paper, I was not able to get much sleep. in fact, I don't think I got a single night of sleep over four hours. I remembered a few of my dreams, but they're more like screenshots i remembered than actual dreams. On the other hand, my week 9 goal was fairly easy to achieve. I was able to completely visualize a location, usually either an open field or a cozy room. Unfortunately, even if I did dream about what I attempted to visualize, I can not remember what I dreamed about. I have also been keeping up my exercises from weeks 7 and 8. Trying to remember everything I have to do has become a real chore. For this week, I don't have any real, measurable goals besides sleep more and keep trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Out of all the projects we're doing, this has to be the most difficult. I struggle to remember my dreams, even right after I wake up, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be to do all this, eapecially first thing in the morning. However, it's an admirable goal, and I look forward to hearing about it.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a Xuran thing to do, and I love it! This is so interesting. I've heard about lucid dreaming, but I've never experimented with it myself. I'm horrible at remembering my dreams and most nights I'll wake up without even realizing that I had been previously dreaming! It's gonna be really interesting to see the progress you'll make and what you'll discover as you begin to remember your dreams better and better! I will most definitely be checking back up on your blog more often!
ReplyDeletebest of luck :)
ps: i wish i would've been smart enough to think of a 20% project that required sleep!
This seems like a pretty difficult thing to accomplish. It's a cool concept, but this isn't something that's easily learned. I guess all you can do is keep practicing. At least your getting some sleep out of it. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteYour project is one of the more unique projects I've read. I remember in Statistics class, we had a class conversation about lucid dreaming once. That same night, weirdly, I had a lucid dream. Like you, I was able to control my dream and fly. Since then, I've had lucid dreams on and off. I've realized there are a couple of things you can look for to show you're dreaming. In dreams, light switches never work, you can't see yourself in the mirror, and numbers/letters are blurry. You might be able to lucid dream more if you do these reality checks. I'm looking forward to your presentation and any further progress you make. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteOh that sucks that you had problems trying to lucid dream that night.... I used to have lucid dreams quite a few times a week a while back. I believe it has to do something with 'locked' memories. My definition of a 'locked' memory is something that happened to you throughout the day that was captured by your subliminal mind and therefore you'd act different throughout the day from other people's perspective, but from your's it would seem normal. It isn't until when you start sleeping is when that locked memory finally gets unlocked and passes through your brain while you sleep and causes all sorts of connections such as your visual and touch neurons to start firing off making your conscious feel as if being awake.
ReplyDeleteSenior year seems to be inhibiting your project progression. I'm not too familiar with lucid dreaming, but I know it requires a long period of sleep, as implied in your REM post. This has also been something I have wanted to do for a long time, but I never had the motivation to try it for myself. Good luck with this project! I hope you get enough sleep to make it work out.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cool concept! I also like how you've done research about sleep and exercises needed to achieve lucid dreaming. However, as Joe mentioned before, this goal may be hard to accomplish simply because senior year includes quite a few sleepless nights. I think sleep is something we are all desperately needing, and it's cool that your project incorporates this. Hopefully you can find some time to sleep and accomplish your goal. I look forward to hearing about any lucid dreams you might have in the future.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about anyone else, but this definitely seems like a satisfying project. You are basically getting the best of both worlds with this -- sleep, of course, and the essentials to your project. Lucid dreaming does seem like a cool concept, but I can imagine it being very difficult. I remember trying to lucid dream before, but it ended up completely failing (probably because I gave up so quickly). I hope it works out for you, though!
ReplyDeleteThis is an extremely interesting topic. My friend and I have talked about this topic recently about how it takes patience and time. It seems like you have a very good start. My advice would be to not get too frustrated. Good luck on your project!
ReplyDeleteHmm this almost seems like an excuse to sleep in class my friend;P JK
ReplyDeleteLucid dream is something that I've always wanted to try. I've had so many experiences with sleep paralysis but none with lucid dreaming. I understood that it was something that could be trained or learned but I was always too lazy to do so. So it's pretty cool that you're making an effort to do it. It's almost like another life. You can do so much more if you could control what goes on in your dreams.
GL to you and have fun:D
P.S. If you ever need someone to man that gamma electricity gun I gotchu
I honestly didn't even think that lucid dreaming existed, to be honest. I had always thought that it was more of an urban legend than anything. But now that I know there is an alleged technique, I might hit you up for some lessons if yours goes as well as you hope. And I hope for your sake that you'll be able to work around the Hamlet essay and college applications to achieve this strict sleep regimen you're talking about!
ReplyDeleteXuran, I have been trying to lucid dream for who knows how long. I have been able to do it once or twice just by pure luck, but I want to be able to lucid dream on command. I'm really intrigued by how much research you've put into this to understand how to do it. I can't wait to hear how this turns out.
ReplyDeleteI always thought lucid dreaming was a myth that Professor Snape helped to protect you from but it makes me happy to think that it is indeed a reality. I wish you the best of luck and furthermore that teachers will calm down so Xuran can sleep and have some lucid dreams.
ReplyDelete