Last week's goal was fairly easy to achieve. Every night, before I went to sleep, I would clear my mind and focus on leveling my breathing for a few minutes. It may be just a placebo effect but I do seem to have more vivid dreams. Next week, I will try to visualize a location after meditation, and try to enter that place after falling asleep
I remember listening to you talk about your project during the project pitch in class and I thought it was really neat. In all honesty, I thought you would have a really difficult time because I always thought your dreams are spontaneous and you can't just go to sleep wanting to have a dream. However, it seems like you have definitely made progress for creating dreams, and even more vivid dreams for that matter. Your research behind it serves as helpful advice to help you, and it seems like you are on a great track. I think it's really cool how you have decided to incorporate meditation into your project as well.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour project sounds super cool-- dreaming when you're aware that your dreaming. I enjoyed reading about your progress with your project on your blog. I am still a little confused about how you check to see if your dreaming or not. Within the hour do you just randomly check to see if you're asleep? The meditating thing before you go to sleep will work forever. Keep meditating. I do the same thing you do before I go to sleep; I clear my mind, focus on relaxing my body, and I also imagine the color black. That sounds weird, but if I visualize something then I am not clearing my mind. Thinking of the color black helps me get to a zen state fast, and helps me go to sleep within a few minutes of laying down. It is awesome that you had an ephemeral lucid dream about you flying. I hope more lucid dreams come your way. Goodluck.
ReplyDeleteUntil reading your blog I never even knew lucid dreaming was possible. Now that I know that it is a thing I want to try it so badly! Being able to control your own dream seems almost like a super power and is extremely cool. Being able to do this as your 20% time project is a great excuse to sleep in class too (I wish I did this). In one of your posts you mentioned that sometimes when you knew you were lucid dreaming that you would wake up. This may be because you get too excited knowing that you have achieved lucid dreaming. This leads to an increased heart rate which ultimately makes you wake up. I am very interested as to what your final presentation will look like. Keep up the sleeping!
ReplyDeleteYour project sounds super cool! The whole time I was reading your blog, I was thinking about the movie "Inception" (which you have put a picture of in one of your first posts). I absolutely LOVE that movie!
ReplyDeleteI did not think that this was actually a thing... But now that I do, it sounds so awesome! It seems like you are making pretty good progress, and I hope that you will be able to FULLY do this. It kind of makes me wonder if I could do this myself. But, many mornings when I wake up, I do not remember a single dream that I had that night. It may be because I do not get enough sleep, so maybe I'll start sleeping more so that I can try this out!
I am super excited to see how your project turns out... It's going to be awesome! YOU GOT THIS! Don't give up. Good luck!
I've heard of lucid dreaming but have never really understood what it was. Your blog helped to educate me on lucid dreaming. The ability to control your dream sounds very fascinating. If you were able to control your dream, does that mean you could use your sleep time to your advantage? Maybe you could use it to virtually relive a skydiving adventure. How cool would that be? You could go skydiving every night for free without using actual time. I definitely want to try this now. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteWow Xuran, this is a really unique topic to study. I'm not a very big dreamer. I've probably had two lucid dreams in my life, but it was an awesome experience. That makes it sounds weird, but I don't care, it was haha.
ReplyDelete